Located in many of the parks and green spaces across the city are a number of outdoor gyms which include a range of cardiovascular and bodyweight equipment including cross trainers, bikes, bench presses and pull up bars.
This equipment is a great way to improve your physical and mental health by getting active, increasing your fitness and also enjoying the local green spaces around you. The outdoor gyms are free to use and you can access at any time. Instructions on how to use the equipment can be found on the side of each piece of gym equipment.
Your local outdoor gym
You can find outdoor gyms at the following locations -
- Alderman Kneeshaw Recreation Ground
- Barbara Robson Playing Field
- Cropton Road Park
- East Park
- Ings Road Recreation Ground
- King George V Playing Fields (off Cottingham Road)
- Liddle Street
- Massey Street (outdoor gym currently closed)
- Pearson Park
- Pickering Park
- Shaw Park
- The Waudby Centre (outdoor gym currently closed)
- West Park
- Wymersley Park
The video below gives you an introduction to our outdoor gym equipment and how it can be used.